Tuesday 29 April 2014

Me-Made-May '14

It's that time of year again: Me-Made-May! My last couple of participations have left me feeling a bit disappointed in myself, so I've spent a long time considering whether and how I will join in this year. As you might have guessed from this post, I am joining in again, so here is my pledge:

I, Dilly, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I will endeavour to wear at least one me-made item each day for the duration of May 2014. I will also endeavour to spend a minimum of one hour each day working towards a wardrobe that I feel good about.

I've been feeling very blah about my clothes for a while. I don't really feel like much of what I have in my wardrobe either reflects my personal style or fits my current body that well. I'm working (slowly) towards getting fitter and losing a bit of weight, but I still want to open my wardrobe right now and feel happy about what I'm going to wear that day, whether it's for doing housework, going to the shops, or going out for a party night. This is where the second part of my pledge comes in. This hour will be spent in various ways: clearing out and rationalising my current clothes, making alterations, taking clothes etc to the charity shop or listing for sale online, evaluating what holes I have in my wardrobe and what I actually like to wear, planning what I want to make (or might need to actually buy...), and of course sewing.

By the end of the month I aim to have:

  • Sorted all my clothes into keeping, storing, refashioning, or getting rid of (including donating and selling).
  • Made a start on refashioning.
  • Made a start on selling.
  • Identified key pieces I need to make/buy.
  • Decided on patterns and fabric for key pieces to make.
  • Made a start on making key pieces.

So, let's see if I can make this work. And of course, whilst I'm doing so, I will be following the Flickr group and getting inspired by everyone else who's joining in!

1 comment:

  1. What a great pledge you've set yourself! I wish you all the best and lots of fun getting your wardrobe to fit you well and reflect your style xx

    ReplyDelete